English language and visa requirements, application deadlines and required documents.
English language and visa requirements
You will need to meet the English language requirements for your course. You will also need to arrange the correct visa for your course.
More information about language requirements can be found on our English Language requirements page.
For single semester exchanges, you will need a Standard Visitor visa. Some nationalities have to apply for these in advance, and some can simply receive a stamp at the UK airport on arrival. Find out more about Standard Visitor visas.
For year-long exchanges, you will need a Student visa and these must be applied for in advance. Find out more about Student visas.
We will email application information to nominated students.
Nomination from partner deadlines:
- 15 April (for September entry)
- 15 October (for January entry)
Application from student deadlines:
- 30 April (for September arrivals)
- 31 October (for January arrivals)
Application documents needed
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Copy of your passport photo ID page
- Copy of current academic record or transcript in English
If English is not your first language you will also need to provide one of the following:
- Certified evidence of English Language level (non-EU or EAA students)
- A letter from your home institution confirming that you are at B2 level of English (EU or EEA students)
For more information about applying, please contact our Study Abroad team.
Telephone: +44 (0)1904 876 941