Application routes, visa and English language requirements, application deadlines and required documents.
English language and visa requirements
You will need to meet the English language requirements for your course. You will also need to arrange the correct visa for your course.
More information about language requirements can be found on our English Language requirements page.
For single semester exchanges, you will need a Standard Visitor Visa. Some nationalities have to apply for these in advance, and some can simply receive a stamp at the UK airport on arrival. Please visit this page for further information about these visas.
For year-long exchanges, you will need a Student Visa and these must be applied for in advance. Please visit this page for further information about Student Visa requirements.
Application information will be emailed to nominated students by York St John University.
Nomination from partner deadlines:
- 15 April (for September entry)
- 15 October (for January entry)
Application from student deadlines:
- 30 April (for September arrivals)
- 31 October (for January arrivals
Application documents required
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Copy of your passport photo ID page
- Copy of current academic record or transcript in English.
If English is not your first language you will also need to provide one of the following:
- Certified evidence of English Language level (non-EU or EAA students)
- A letter from your home institution confirming that you are at B2 level of English (EU or EEA students).