Professional and short courses
Project Management Fundamentals
Gain an overview of the key concepts and strategies of project management on this distance learning course.
Many organisations are embracing project management as a means of effectively delivering their objectives. This course introduces the important concepts, and strategies involved in project management.
- Duration – 25 to 30 hours
Dates and times
Accessed on demand, at a time that suits you. Contact us using the form below to enquire.
£325 per person
What will I learn?
This course introduces the various methodologies, frameworks and life cycles that can be adopted to best suit the nature of a proposed project. Consideration will also be given to sustainability practices, and how these are often at odds with the traditional business constraints.
You will explore topics including:
- The project environment
- Defining a project
- Project life cycles
- Methodologies and frameworks
- Planning a project
- The project planning profession
How will my employer benefit?
You will gain a range of useful skills for your career, including the ability to:
- Critically review the project life cycle phases, processes, tools and techniques and the broader project environment
- Analyse the relationship between the project objectives of cost, time and quality and the necessary trade offs
- Develop your awareness of the various methodologies and frameworks used in project management, and their appropriateness to different projects
How to apply
Continuing Professional Development at York St John University
Boost skills, knowledge and confidence with a professional or short course from York St John University. We offer professional learning and development opportunities for teams and individuals, from single sessions to longer courses.
To talk to us about your training and development needs, please email email@example.com.