Welcome to the heart of the University
York St John University chaplaincy provides spaces and opportunities for reflection, listening, confidential support, prayer, worship, meditation, socialising and spiritual exploration.
Whatever your faith position, situation, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation we offer hospitality, support and friendship.
York St John is a University with a Church of England Foundation. As such:
- We maintain a regular presence of Christian prayer worship, and witness within the University community
- We are here in times of joy and sadness for the whole campus community
- We are committed to a loving and inclusive acceptance of people of all faiths and none
- We believe in sharing an open, honest and respectful dialogue with one another
- We maintain a vibrant connection with our neighbours in the wider spiritual life of the City of York
- We provide confidential pastoral care for students and staff alike