See the information below for changes to the library services.
Eligibility for postal loans
You are entitled to use the postal loans service if you:
- Are already a registered postal loan borrower
- Are an additional support borrower
- Live or are on placement outside of the YO1, YO10, YO23, YO24, YO26, YO30, YO31, YO32 postcodes
- Are registered for our accessibility support service
- Are shielding or self-isolating due to Covid-19
Please log in to to your library account using your student number and PIN. You can reserve items through the library catalogue.
Items will be automatically posted to you when they’re available so you will not have the option to pick them up from campus. There may be a small delay if the item you have requested is on loan, but we will inform you by email if this is the case. printed materials, DVDs and CDs are included in this.
If you meet any of these requirements, please register for postal loans by emailing email@example.com. Please include the address you want books posted to.
You are entitled to have a maximum of 30 books sent to you per year. You are responsible for returning books by their due date, either in person or via post.
Returning borrowed books
You can post your books back to York St John for free using the Clicksit serivce. To do this:
- Enter your email address, this will generate a label
- Package up your books and attached the label carefully to the package
- Note that packages will only be accepted up to 10 kilograms and must measure 60 centimetres x 50 centimetres x 50 centimetres
- Take your package to any CollectPlus location and send it back to York St John
- Remember to keep your receipt, you will need this as evidence of your return.
Please note that we are unable to post laptop loans to you.
If you have any questions about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org