See the information below for changes to the library services.
Eligibility for postal loans
You are entitled to register for our postal loans service if you live in the UK, you are a registered student studying a course based at our York campus, and you:
- Live or are on placement outside of the YO1, YO10, YO23, YO24, YO26, YO30, YO31, YO32 postcodes
- Are registered for our accessibility support service
- Are shielding or self-isolating due to Covid-19
We do not currently charge for the postal loan service.
If you meet the above requirements, you can register for postal loans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please to include the address you would like to have items sent to.
Once registered, anything you request in the library catalogue will automatically be posted to you. You will not have the option to pick up requested resources from campus. However, you can still visit the library to study, borrow non-reserved items from our shelves or return items.
As a postal loans borrower you are entitled to have a maximum of 30 books sent to you per year.
You can request items using the library catalogue:
- Use your student number and PIN to log in to your library account.
- Use the search box at the top of the page to find the item you want in the catalogue.
- Click on the green Request Postal Loan button on the record of the item.
Items will then be automatically posted to you as they become available. There may be a small delay if the item you have requested is on loan, but we will inform you by email if this is the case.
Printed materials, DVDs, and CDs are included in the service, but we cannot post laptops and other electronic equipment or Reference Only items.
You are responsible for returning books by their due date. You can do this either in person, via post, or by using our free Clicksit service.
If you use a postal service or ClickSit, you must send items back at least one day before their due date.
To use Clicksit, follow these steps:
- On the Clicksit site, enter your email address. This will generate a label for you to print out.
- Package up your books and attach the label carefully to the package. (Note that packages will only be accepted up to 10 kilograms and must measure a maximum of 60 centimetres x 50 centimetres x 50 centimetres. If you have too many items, please send them back in multiple packages.)
- Take your package to any Collect+ location to be sent back to York St John.
Remember to keep your receipt. You will need this as evidence of your return, including the date the items were posted.
If you have any questions about this service, please email email@example.com.