Your AcademicLiaison Librarians
The Academic Services Team provides support, teaching and training to students in information and digital literacy, and in how to get the most from library resources.
Your Academic Liaison Librarians can help you with:
- Referencing and Reference management
- Finding and evaluating specialist resources, literature, evidence and information
- Accessibility support for library resources
- Design; Drama, Theatre and Dance; Fine Art, Photography and Illustration; Media Production; Music; Music Production
Cath is currently unavailable. For tutorials, please book in with one of the other librarians below.
- Criminology; Law; Policing; Sociology
Mon to Wed 9:00am–5:00pm / Thu 9:00am–12:30pm
- Computer Sciences; Creative Writing; Data Science; English Literature; Geography; Languages, Linguistics and TESOL; Media and Film Studies; Religion and Philosophy, Liberal Arts Foundation Year
Mon to Fri 9:00am–5:00pm
Book a tutorial with Katherine
- American Studies; Education, Children, Counselling Foundation Year; History; Initial Teacher Education; International Relations; Politics; Postgraduate Courses in Education and Social Work; Undergraduate Courses in Childhood, Youth and Education; War Studies
Mon to Fri 9:30am–5:30pm
- Business; Psychology; Counselling
Mon to Fri 9:00am–5:00pm
- Biomedical Science; Nursing; Occupational Therapy; Physiotherapy; Sport
Monday, Thursday and Friday 9:30am–2:30pm / Tuesday to Wednesday 9:30am–5:00pm
Do you need help with essay writing or critical thinking? Having trouble with an assignment? Want to reflect on assessment feedback?
We provide guidance on searching and evaluating resources, academic writing and referencing. You can use our range of self-help resources or book a workshop or tutorial with the study development team.
- Module-specific resources are made available through your online reading lists.
- There are subject-specialist e-resources available for each programme. Choose your course area from the drop-down menu.
- For your own specialist research, we offer unlimited interlibrary loans, at no cost to you, to supplement the resources we hold in the library and via our online subscriptions.
Our Special Collections include the York St John University Historical Archive, the Rees-Williams Collection of Victorian and Edwardian Children’s Books.
Our Historical Archives date from 1812 and can be consulted by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.