Policies and documents
Trade union facility time
Our published information on trade union facility time from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 require public sector employers, including universities, to publish information on trade union facility time for the period 1 April to 31 March each year.
The following is the facility time data for the period 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Trade union representatives and full-time equivalents
- Number of employees who were union officials during this period: 34
- Full time equivalent employee number: 31.74
Percentage of working hours spent on facility time
|Percentage of working hours spent on facility time||Number of employees|
|1% to 50%||34|
|51% to 99%||0|
Total pay bill and facility time costs
- Total cost of facility time: £33,776.65
- Total pay bill: £40,676,302.92
- Percentage of total pay bill spent on facility time: 0.08%
Paid trade union activities
- Hours spent on paid facility time: 1539.2
- Hours spent on paid trade union activities: 0
- Percentage of total paid facility time hours spent on paid trade union activities: 0.00%