Policies and documents
Our safeguarding charter and policy.
Safeguarding is everyone's business.
York St John University is committed to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk who may be present on campus or engaged in university activities for a variety of reasons.
The welfare of children and adults at risk is paramount.
All staff should:
- Read and understand the safeguarding policy
- Undertake safeguarding training appropriate to their role
- Take appropriate steps if they have safeguarding concerns.
The university will:
- Take steps to prevent safeguarding risks
- Have in place appropriate procedures to deal with safeguarding issues
- Provide information about how people can raise concerns
- Keep records secure
- Share information with safeguarding partners in line with the law
- Keep the policy and procedures under review.
The University Secretary is the University Safeguarding Officer and has lead responsibility for safeguarding.
The Deputy Safeguarding Officer, who is a member of the Governance and Compliance team, assists the University Safeguarding Officer in carrying out their responsibilities.
Each School and specified services and projects have a local safeguarding officer. They provide first line support and advice on safeguarding issues.
Staff will find further information on the staff intranet Safeguarding page.
Children on campus
Download our Children on Campus Policy for information on bringing children onto campus.