Policies and documents
Documents on this page are for research degree students.
Most policies and documents are specific to the university where your degree is registered:
- Research students registered at York St John University
- Research students registered at University of Leeds.
Some policies and documents are relevant for all students. You will need to check our list of shared documents to find these:
York St John University registered degrees
For details on Progression, please see section 7 of the Code of Practice.
Guide to the Examination Process for Research Degrees
Contains details on Inclusion of Supplementary Data/Information with the thesis & The use of Video Conferencing for an oral examination.
- Guide to the examination process for research degrees (DOCX 0.3 MB)
- Deadlines where time limit falls on a University closed day (DOCX 24.6 kB)
- Application for Assessment Form (DOCX 53.1 kB)
- Video Conferencing Form (DOCX 48.8KB)
Thesis Submission Form
Complete this form and submit it with your thesis for examination.
Thesis Deposit form
Complete this form and submit it with the final copy of your thesis.
Guidance on Thesis Titles
- Guidance on Thesis Titles (DOCX 47KB)
- Sample Title Pages (DOCX 17.8KB)
- Request for a change in Thesis Title (DOCX 40.2KB)
Guidance on the Use of Solely or Jointly-Authored Publications Within a Thesis Submission
Instructions to Examiners
Contains details on Good practice guidelines for the conduct of the oral examination, External Examiners undertaking their first UK research degree examination & Process in the event of a disagreement between the examiners.
- External Examiner fees for research degrees (DOCX 32KB)
- Instructions to Examiners for research degree examinations (DOCX 0.1MB)
- Preliminary Report form - First submission (DOC 0.2MB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD First submission (DOC 39.1KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil First submission (DOCX 34KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters First submission (DOC 34.1KB)
- Preliminary Report form Re-submission (DOC 0.2MB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD Re-submission (DOC 58.5KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil Re-submission (DOC 50.5KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters Re-submission (DOC 49KB)
Independent Chair Report
Research Excellence Policy
Policy and Guidance on the Recording of Oral Examinations
University of Leeds registered degrees
The University of Leeds website contains key regulations, codes, policies and procedures for postgraduate researchers. Other key documentation is listed below.
Information about Withdrawal
For details on Progression, please see section 7 of the .
York St John University and University of Leeds registered degrees
Participation of research students in attendance of taught modules:
Find information about Withdrawal on our Withdraw from your course page.
Progress Monitoring procedures: