How we measure and report our core performance standards.
To ensure the library is providing a high-quality service and continually improving, the following key activities are measured and reported as core performance standards (except during University closure periods).
- We will open for 99% of our advertised front desk hours and offer support across 7 days a week.
- We will provide an initial response to all queries within 24 hours
- We will respond to all HUSH texts reporting disturbances on the silent floor within 10 minutes.
- We will re-shelve all items within 24 hours of their return.
- We will acknowledge all feedback and complaints within 1 working day and provide an initial response within 3 working days (where contact details are provided).
- Satisfaction levels, as defined by our Viewpoint customer satisfaction kiosks, will be at or above 90% averaged over an academic year, or we will publicise changes and improvements where this is not met.
- We will process all book reservations within 24 hours of their return.
- Print Services will complete all student requests (including dissertations) within 1 working day from receipt of the request. All standard requests from staff for printing, photocopying and stationery will be completed within 3 working days from receipt of the request. Requests which are non-standard will have extended timescales which will be agreed with the member of staff placing the order.
- We will process 95% of all inter-library loan requests within 3 working days and respond to 90% of inter-library loan queries within 3 working days.
- Our library catalogue will be available 99.5% of the time, excluding planned maintenance.
- We will aim to achieve at least 90% satisfaction for question 19 each year on the National Student Survey.
We measured ourselves against these service standards between 2022 and 2022.
For monthly reports on feedback, please follow us on Instagram (@YSJLibrary).