Professional and short courses
An introduction to Static Splinting
This 1 day practical workshop is aimed at clinicians new to splinting, and those who want to develop basic splinting techniques.
- Course leader – Kerry Edwards and Jamie Maw (Promedics)
- Duration – 1 day
Dates and times
Please contact us to discuss future dates
£95 per person
What will I learn?
Under the supervision of your tutors, you will develop skills in the creation and application of splints for minor injuries and rheumatoid conditions.
Throughout the day you will :
- Fabricate a range of low temperature static thermoplastic splints, including a night resting splint, a thumb splint and a wrist extension splint
- Use a range of thermoplastic splinting materials
- Use a range of splinting techniques
- Use your professional reasoning skills to choose the right splint, at the right time, for the people you are working with
How to apply
To find out more about this course, please email the Business Development Office at email@example.com or get in touch using our enquiry form.
Continuing Professional Development at York St John University
Boost skills, knowledge and confidence with a professional or short course from York St John University. We offer professional learning and development opportunities for teams and individuals, from single sessions to longer courses.
To talk to us about your training and development needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.