Disability support and inclusion
Booking an appointment
There are several types of appointment you can book in order to get support.
There are three types of appointment you can book.
If you have any questions about booking an appointment, email email@example.com.
Disability Practitioner appointments
Our Disability Practitioners can assist with:
- Creating and reviewing your Learning Support Plan (LSP)
- Creating and reviewing a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP)
- Questions about implementation of your recommended adjustments
- Signposting to and liaison with academic schools
Please book a 1 hour appointment for creating a LSP or PEEP. For everything else, please choose the 30 minute option.
There are dedicated Disability Practitioners for each academic school. Where possible, try to book your appointment with the practitioner who covers your school. To find out who your school practitioner is, check the table at the bottom of this page.
Service Coordinator appointments
Our Service Coordinators can assist with:
- Advice on the process of getting support
- Advice about seeking medical evidence
- Advice or support applying for DSA
- Questions about any of the processes and provide advice on them
- Signposting to and liaison with specialist support services
Therapy dog appointments
An appointment with Blue, our therapy dog, and a Disability Practitioner.
- 15 minute session: Blue is there to listen, to be fussed or to sit quietly with. This time is your time and your space.
- 30 minute session: Blue is there while you discuss any support requirements with a Disability Practitioner.
Disability Practitioner Schools
There are dedicated Disability Practitioners for each academic school. Where possible, try to book your appointment with the practitioner who covers your school.
|School or department
Arts - Fine Art
Arts - Design
Arts - Music
|Arts - Performance
|Arts - Media Production
|York Business School
|Science, Technology and Health
|Counselling and Psychology
|Languages, Linguistics and TESOL