How to Apply
The applications for Study Abroad in 2020/21 will open in December.
Step-by-Step Guide to Application (non-languages students)
Studying abroad requires careful consideration, commitment, and planning. We have created the step-by-step application guide below to help you make the right decision. We will be accepting applications for 2021-22 from Tuesday 1st December 2020 to Friday 8th January 2021.
1. Read all the outgoing information at www.yorksj.ac.uk/studyabroad
- Check where and when you can study abroad with your course
- Compare and research partner institutions
2. Make an appointment with your York St John disability or wellbeing advisor (if applicable) to discuss support abroad.
3. Attend our Global Opportunities Fair on Wednesday 21 Octover. Please keep an eye on the website and emails for more information.
4. Make an appointment with a Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss your options. You must meet with a Study Abroad Coordinator before you apply.
5. Discuss any academic queries with your Study Abroad Academic Advisor.
6. Decide on your first, second and third choice host institutions.
7. Ensure you are fully committed and have considered costs
8. Apply from Tuesday 1 December 2020 to Friday 8 January 2021.
Personal statement questions include:
Please prepare your personal statement before you apply, so can copy and paste it.
For more information, please read:
In order to be considered for the progamme, applicants are required to satisfy the selection criteria below:
55% minimum average mark (credit-weighted)
Submission of application form and personal statement by application deadline
Academic reference to support application
Contact Us (non-academic queries)
Phone: +44 (0)1904 876941
For academic queries, please see our academic advisor list that will be updated in due course
Click the videos to view full size
Drag/swipe to view all the videos