Step-by-Step Guide to Application (non-languages students)
Studying abroad requires careful consideration, commitment, and planning. We have created the step-by-step application guide below to help you make the right decision.
The applications for 20/21 are now closed
1. Read all ‘Outgoing York St John Student’ pages
- Check where and when you can study abroad with your course
- Compare and research partner institutions
2. Make an appointment with your York St John Wellbeing Advisor or Disability Advisor (if applicable) to discuss support abroad
3. Attend our Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday 16 October 2019, 2.00pm – 4.00pm in Dinning room extension to find out more and meet former participants and incoming students from our partner universities
4. Make an appointment with a Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss your options. Please note that you must meet with a Study Abroad Coordinator before you apply.
5. Select your first and second choice host institutions
6. Ensure you are fully committed and have considered costs
7. Attend the study abroad application workshop, Wednesday 4th December, 2-3 in SK128
Personal statement questions include:
Please prepare your personal statement before you apply, so can copy and paste it.
For more information, please read:
In order to be considered for the progamme, applicants are required to satisfy the selection criteria below:
55% minimum average mark (credit-weighted)
Submission of application form and personal statement by application deadline
Academic reference to support application
Contact Us (non-academic queries)
Phone: +44 (0)1904 876941
For academic queries, please see our academic avdsior list that will be updated in due course