Step-by-Step Guide to Application (non-languages students)
Studying abroad requires careful consideration, commitment, and planning. We have created the step-by-step application guide below to help you make the right decision. We will be accepting applications for 2018-19 exchanges from Monday 2 December 2019 to Friday 10 January 2020.
1. Read all ‘Outgoing York St John Student’ pages
- Check where and when you can study abroad with your course
- Compare and research partner institutions
2. Make an appointment with your York St John Wellbeing Advisor or Disability Advisor (if applicable) to discuss support abroad
3. Attend our Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday 16 October 2019, 2.00pm – 4.00pm in Dinning room extension to find out more and meet former participants and incoming students from our partner universities
4. Make an appointment with a Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss your options. Please note that you must meet with a Study Abroad Coordinator before you apply.
5. Select your first and second choice host institutions
6. Ensure you are fully committed and have considered costs
Applications for departure in 2019/20 are now closed
Personal statement questions include:
Please prepare your personal statement before you apply, so can copy and paste it.
For more information, please read:
Applying to study abroad is a competitive process. Your application will need to be supported by your School and will be scored in the following areas:
- Academic marks: 55 minimum credit weighted mark(non-languages)
- Personal Statement
Contact Us (non-academic queries)
Phone: +44 (0)1904 876941
For academic queries, please find our Study Abroad Academic Advisors List (PDF, 81KB).