Browser does not support script.

Disability support and inclusion


To qualify for disability support you will need to provide the Disability Support and Inclusion team with evidence.

Medical and mental health conditions

You will need to provide medical evidence that shows your diagnosis. This could be:

  • A letter from your GP, consultant or other medical professionals, including Education Health Care Plan (EHCP)
  • A treatment report from a registered medical or health professional - for example, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, nurse practitioner
  • Private counselling or psychotherapy letters
  • A Needs Assessment report carried out as part of an application for Disabled Students’ Allowance
  • DSA Medical Evidence form
  • We can also accept a screenshot of your NHS patient record if it has your name and details of your condition

Specific learning difficulties and autism

If you have any evidence of specific learning difficulties (dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, Irlen syndrome, attention deficit disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or an Autism Spectrum condition, please send us this evidence and we will review this. 

We can accept:

  • A psychological assessment report completed by an Educational Psychologist or specialist teacher (with an active Assessment Practicing Certificate – APC) confirming a diagnosis of a specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia
  • A Needs Assessment report carried out as part of an application for Disabled Students’ Allowance
  • An occupational therapist’s report, a consultant letter or an Educational Psychology report identifying dyspraxia
  • Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP)
  • Letter from Optometrist or certified Irlen Screener
  • Diagnostic report from a registered medical professional, e.g. Autism and ADHD diagnostic reports
  • Working Diagnosis Form

If you are unsure about your evidence, we are happy to look at it and advise you further. For more information, email

Evidence support

If you think you may have a specific learning difficulty, you can use our online screener QuickScreen, and we will then invite you to discuss the results with us.

To be assessed for ADHD or autism, you will need to go through your GP.

You may be able to receive a Working Diagnosis if you are on the waiting list for a diagnosis. We can accept this as evidence for a Learning Support Plan. Please ask your doctor or consultant to complete a Working Diagnosis Form.


To submit your evidence, please email

If you want to discuss your evidence or talk about how to get new evidence, please book a Service Coordinator Appointment.