Welfare training and courses
Training in bystander intervention, consent, drug and alcohol awareness, and hate crime awareness.
Bystander Intervention Training
All About Respect provides free, online training in bystander intervention.
The training includes 4 video sessions:
- What do we mean by a bystander? (11 minutes)
- What is sexual harm? (30 minutes)
- What is hate crime? (14 minutes)
- How do we intervene? (24 minutes)
Watch the videos for each session below. Sessions cover sensitive material, but you can stop the video at any time and return later.
When you have completed the training you can download a certificate on the All About Respect website.
Bystander Intervention sessions
Click the videos to view full size
Drag/swipe to view all the videos
Session 1: What Do We Mean By Bystander?
Session 2: What Is Sexual Harm?
Session 3: What is Hate Crime?
Session 4: How Do We Intervene?
Consent Matters Training
In this training session you will:
- Gain understanding about what consent is
- Hear from York St John students about what consent means to them
- Learn about the support you can access if you have been affected by a consent issue
Watch the video for this session below.
Changing Lives: Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Workshop
In this workshop you will:
- Think about why people take drugs
- Learn about the impact of drugs and alcohol, including police involvement
- Find out what happens when you call an ambulance about a drug or drink overdose
Watch the workshop video below.
Changing Lives: Drug and Alcohol Awareness Workshop
Hate Crime Awareness Training
In this training video you will:
- Learn about protected characteristics
- Discover the difference between hate crimes and hate incidents
- Find out how to report a hate crime
Watch the video below.