Advice about printing documents
Submitting a print job
Simply follow these steps to successfully print your document.
- In your document, go to File, then Print. There, select either Print B&W on PCUT01 (for black and white printing) or Print Colour on PCUT01 (for colour printing).
- The printing system is automatically set to print double-sided. For single-sided printing or stapling, select Print Properties – this will bring up the option to change these settings:
- To alter printing, select the pull-down arrow below Print Type and change the setting to 1-Sided.
- To alter stapling, select the Finishing tab and ensure the Staple box is ticked.
- To print on non-standard paper (e.g. card), select the Basic tab and ensure that the Paper Tray setting is set to Bypass. This is because non-standard paper must be fed into the machine via its Bypass tray, or it may jam the machine.
- Ready to print? Press OK! Now, you'll be able to retrieve your job by signing into any Konica Minolta device on campus.
If you require help or assistance, please feel free to call or email Print Services:
Collecting a print job
From 11th December 2019 all devices can print in colour and black & white.
Touch your ID card to the front of the printer to log in. The first time you do this you will have to login to associate your details with the card.
Select Print and then the documents you wish to print.
You may change some aspects of the way a document will be printed using the > symbol.
- Increase the number of copies
- Print 2-sided
- Print in Grayscale if originally submitted to the colour queue
Tap the Print button to start printing
Use the Access button at the bottom left of the touch pabel to sign out of the device.
Printing from mobile devices
As long as you have activated your University user details to be used with our Konica Minolta devices, then these devices can accept print jobs sent from your University email account. This feature is called Email To Print and means that you can send a print job from any internet-connected smartphone, tablet or laptop.
To use this service please follow these simple steps:
- Using your University email address, create an email on your device and attach the document you would like printed (common file types such as PDF and Word are typically accepted)
- Send the email to the relevant email address:
- Simply visit the Konica Minolta printer and sign in with your account to release the job in the normal manner.
Alternatively, you can upload files online using PaperCut.
How much does it cost to use this service?
The service itself is free to use – you will only pay the standard printing charges which are displayed on posters near the Konica Minolta devices in Fountains, Holgate and Temple Hall.
What happens if I send a document to print, but I then don't release/print it?
All print jobs are held in the queue for 24 hours, and after that point any unprinted jobs are released without charge.
Can I print webpages?
Unfortunately you can't print webpages, as these cannot easily be saved into a file format that can be attached to an email. However, an easy workaround is to do a 'screen grab' – whilst on the page you wish to print, just press the CTRL key and the Print Screen key together. Then, you can paste this screen grab into a program such as Microsoft Word. (Please note that this workaround will not be suitable in all cases, and will generally only work on Windows based laptops and computers.)
I have a question about using Email To Print?
Please contact the Service Desk in Fountains, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.