Browser does not support script.


Transferring to York St John University

This page is designed to help students who are looking to transfer their course or their place of study.

We work hard to make sure that students find their perfect course at the right university. Find out how to:

Transferring to a course at York St John University from another institution

You can join any of our undergraduate courses in the second or third year by transferring credits from a different university.

Some courses will need a very close credit match. This is often the case where the course is externally accredited.

Externally accredited courses include:

  • Teacher training courses
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physiotherapy
  • Biomedical Science
  • Law
  • Psychology

There are 2 ways you can transfer credits and join a course. You can transfer through UCAS or you can transfer by applying directly to us.

Transfer through UCAS

You can apply through UCAS using our institution code Y75 YSJ. When applying be sure to set the year of entry to year 2 or year 3 as appropriate.

You should make your application via the UCAS website.

Transfer by applying directly to us

We can accept direct applications if you have not already applied through UCAS.

You can make an application using our Transfer Application Form.

What we need

Once we have received your form we will need 1 of the following:

  • An official transcript of the modules you have completed so far
  • A list of modules you have taken with their titles, credit values and the marks you achieved

To confirm your place we will need:

  • A final official transcript from your current university

You do not need to have all of these documents before applying though.

How we process your application

We will check that you have enough credits at the right level.

You need to have 120 credits at year 1 level to join a course in the second year. You will need an additional 120 credits at year 2 level to join a course in the third year.

We will then check whether the modules you have studied are relevant to the course you are transferring onto.

It is important that you have covered similar subjects so that you will not struggle with your new course. We will match the subjects you have studied so far against the course you are applying for. For externally accredited courses the match will need to be very close.

Further information

Our team are here to help and can explain the process further. If you have any questions get in touch at or on 01904 876 598.


Transferring between courses at York St John University

We do everything that we can to make sure that our students are happy with their programmes of study after they have joined us. In some cases, students identify a course that would be more suitable after they start with us and we always do our best to accommodate these requests.

Normally course changes would take place within 2 weeks of students starting their first year, although in some cases it is possible to transfer later.

After this period, it is possible for students to restart their studies on different courses in the following academic year.

Further details and application forms are on our Changing course page.


Transferring your credits from York St John University to another institution

For a variety of reasons, students may choose to withdraw from their course at York St John. If you have gained credits during your studies here, it may be possible to transfer your credits to another institution.

You will need to make an application to your chosen institution and we would advise you to speak to them at an early stage in the process because universities have different ways of dealing with this process. Normally it is possible to apply for a transfer to another institution before you withdraw from York St John.

As part of the process, you will need an official transcript of your studies here in order to show the credits that you have gained. You will be able to get this by contacting

Further information on the process is on our Withdrawals page.

Please also see our Regulations for the University policy regarding credit transfers.

Cookie Settings