Develop your business
Our business focused programmes and products support you in scaling up your business.
Running a business takes enthusiasm, time, money and expertise.
Our support packages include government subsidised innovation grants, business mentoring and skills development.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Want to increase your business productivity and grow profits?
For over 40 years the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme has been helping businesses innovate and grow. It does this by connecting you with the academic expertise of universities.
A KTP can help you develop an idea for your business if you do not have all the in-house expertise you need. It creates a three way collaboration between a business or not for profit organisation, a university and a qualified graduate. Through this collaboration you can bring about strategic change and embed new capability.
If you have a project that requires management expertise to expand your business capability, we also offer Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (MKTP).
Find out more about the KTP schemes by following the links below.
Funding for your business
The Connecting Innovation programme is a package of support available for businesses to develop new products and processes. It is funded through the Growth Deal and European Development Fund. It is run by the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership’s (LEP) Business Growth team.
The programme supports with:
- Up to 50% funding (maximum £100,0000) for businesses to access specialist expertise or facilities from out of universities
- Up to 20% funding (maximum £20,000) to purchase eligible equipment
- Specialist advice workshops.
Eligible businesses must:
- Employ less than 250 people
- Have a turnover lower than £40 million
- Be based in Leeds City Region (not Barnsley)
- Be in an eligible sector.
Business Consultancy Clinic
Students and academic staff work in teams to provide advice for your business and develop innovative solutions. Areas of consultancy include:
- Accounting audits and financial reviews
- Project management
- Marketing including digital marketing and social media and brand reviews
- Information Technology solutions
Consultancy advice is provided free of charge.
You may also be interested in...
Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.