Health and Wellbeing
Religion and spirituality
The York St John chaplaincy provides spaces and opportunities for reflection, listening, confidential support, prayer, worship, meditation, socialising and spiritual exploration.
York St John is a University with a Church of England Foundation. As such:
- We maintain a regular presence of Christian prayer worship, and witness within the University community
- We are here in times of joy and sadness for the whole campus community
- We are committed to a loving and inclusive acceptance of people of all faiths and none
- We believe in sharing an open, honest and respectful dialogue with one another
- We maintain a vibrant connection with our neighbours in the wider spiritual life of the City of York
- We provide confidential pastoral care for students and staff alike.
Holy days and festivals
Get in touch
Whatever your faith position, situation, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation we offer hospitality, support and friendship. The Chaplaincy is a space where you can bring your own concerns and discuss them freely. The University Chaplain and a voluntary team of Faith Advisers from all Christian denominations and spiritual traditions are available to talk to.
Our university Chaplain is Reverend Jane Speck. You can visit the chaplaincy office during the week in CP007, next to the Japanese Peace Garden.
You can also get in touch by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report and support
Hate crimes are never ok and all staff, students and visitors can report incidents anonymously on the Report and Support website.
If you’re not sure about something you’ve witnessed or experienced, YSJ’s Chaplain Jane Speck is available to speak to and our Faith Advisers are also here to offer support: email@example.com.
All conversations are confidential.