Health Assured service
We are pleased to offer to all our students at York St John a service called Health Assured, accessible through an app or online portal.
This service includes videos, factsheets, 4 week plan templates, and live chat and support from counsellors.
It is offered to you in addition to the services offered by our own University Wellbeing team.
You are very welcome to make use of the services that our Wellbeing team provides, or the Health Assured service, or both!
When you can access the service
As York St John students, the Health Assured service is available to you to access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Health Assured is a student assistance programme (or SAP).
You may wish to access Health Assured if, for example:
- You have decided to self-refer to our Wellbeing team and you are waiting to hear back from our team, or waiting for your appointment, and would like to make use of some wellbeing resources while you're waiting.
- You are in-between appointments with our Wellbeing team and the Health Assured service offers you information or support you would find helpful while you wait
- You choose not to self-refer to our Wellbeing team for support but would still like to access some helpful wellbeing resources.
- You would like to try some resources and wait to make a decision later on about self-referring to our Wellbeing team.
It's completely up to you how you make use of all the support and resources available in Health Assured, and how or whether you combine these with the services we provide through our Wellbeing team.
What the service provides
There are many different types of resources and support you can access through the Health Assured service.
We describe the main types below, but the best way to find out more is to log into the Health Assured website or the smartphone app and explore everything that is available to you.
Some of the types of support you have access to as a York St John student through Health Assured:
- 4 week plans: Helpful plans to support you to achieve your goals, such as stopping smoking, coping better with pressure or improving your sleep.
- Wellbeing resources: Including useful webinars, videos, and articles.
- Mini health checks: To help you think about your own wellbeing.
- Support with specific issues: Health Assured also offers other types of support, such as information about legal issues or specific advice and support with issues such as bereavement.
- Weekly mood tracker (app only): To help you keep track of how you are feeling.
- Live chat and support: Through the free Health Assured telephone helpline (0800 028 3766) or online chat.
- Discussions with a Health Assured counsellor: Remotely by telephone or video call.
If you feel you might benefit from talking to a counsellor at Health Assured, call the helpline and talk to them about what might work for you. In some cases, they may recommend you have 1 or 2 discussions with one of their counsellors. Please remember that this counselling is separate from any counselling or mental health support you might access through the University Wellbeing team, and that it is not normally recommended to access counselling from multiple counsellors at the same time.
This service is offered to you in addition to the services offered by our own Wellbeing team.
How to access the service
There are 2 ways to access the Health Assured service, through the online portal or app.
You can access the Health Assured online portal using a browser on your laptop or tablet. So that the online portal knows you are from York St John, you need to log in using these details:
- username: wellbeing
- password: LoopMindGrow
You can also download the Health Assured app, called 'My Healthy Advantage'.
So that the app knows you are from York St John, you will be asked to enter the following unique code: MHA171775
Access for family members
If you're living in the same household as your partner, they can also access the service too.
Your children can also access the service if they are 16 to 24, in full time education, and living in the same household as you.
How your information is used
The Health Assured support line (0800 028 3766) is an independent service offered to students.
The information you discuss with Health Assured is treated sensitively. This information is not routinely provided to York St John University, unless your health, wellbeing or welfare is judged to be at imminent risk. In these circumstances and where the support worker thinks you need additional support they will seek your consent to share your name and information about their concerns to provide you with further help.
In some circumstances where you are not able to provide consent or where you refuse consent, Health Assured may still decide to share relevant information where it is necessary to protect you or another person's vital interests.
If you contact the Health Assured service, here is some more information about how your information will be used: Calling the SAP Helpline (PDF, 2.3 MB).