Browser does not support script.

Study Abroad destinations

Chiba University

Chiba, Japan

What you can study

CourseWhen you can study
Japanese, TESOL and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year
Japanese, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year

Academic information

Choosing your modules

You need to gain the following credits from your modules:

  • 12 to 16 Japanese credits per semester
  • 24 to 32 Japanese credits per year.

You can see module options in the module catalogue. 

Academic calendar

The academic year is split into 2 semesters: 

  • Semester 1: Beginning of October until late February (approximate dates)
  • Semester 2: Beginning of April until late August (approximate dates)

Visit the Chiba University website for a full list of academic dates.

Accommodation

Accommodation abroad

Most international students attending Chiba University live in privately rented accommodation (apartments). Private accommodations can be found through University COOP or local real estate agents. You can also find basic information on finding and renting an apartment room at the website offered by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 

Chiba University has an off-campus dormitory for international students  Note, however, that since the number of rooms is very limited, not all applicants can be accommodated.

You can find more information on the Chiba University housing pages.

Costs and visas

Insurance and additional costs

You are required to enrol in the Japanese National Insurance System which costs approximately ¥1,600 a month.

NHI covers 70% of medical expense and an international student is responsible for the rest, 30% of the expense.

Additionally, you are required to buy the accident insurance policies (about ¥1,500 for one year) which are offered at Chiba University.

Visas

Please make sure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than six months after you intend to return.

You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa.

Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

Cookie Settings