Browser does not support script.

Study Abroad destinations

Seinan Gakuin University

Fukuoka, Japan

What you can study

CourseWhen you can study
Japanese, TESOL and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year
Japanese, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year

Academic information

Choosing your modules

You will need to gain the following credits from your modules: 

  • 12 to 16 Japanese credits per semester
  • 24 to 32 Japanese credits per year.

You can see the module options on the Seinan Gakuin University website. 

Academic calendar

The academic term is split into 2 semesters: 

  • Semester 1: Late August to Late December
  • Semester 2: Early January to Early June

Visit the Seinan Gakuin University website for a full list of academic dates.  


Accommodation abroad

Seinan Gakuin University offers different housing for the international students. More information will be given to you upon application. 

Visit the Seinan Gakuin University housing pages.

Costs and visas


Funding is available to help you with study abroad costs. Please see our Funding page for more details.

Additional costs

This information is about additional costs of studying at this host university. Please be aware that prices are subject to change, and the list may not be exhaustive.

We recommend looking at the host website, as well as entry requirements for the country, to get a full understanding of the costs involved.

Students are required to pay into:

  • Japanese National Insurance - approximately 20,000 JPY per year
  • Gakkensai (personal accident insurance) - approximately 1,000 JPY per year
  • Futai-Gakuso (comprehensive insurance) - approximately 1,860 JPY per year

Students will need a general physical examination through their GP, including a test for TB.

Students will need to pay the accommodation fee in full through wire transfer before arrival.

Certain courses include fieldwork, and there will be a cost for transportation and entry fees for facilities.


Please make sure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than 6 months after you intend to return.

You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa. Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes.

If you do have any visa related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

Cookie Settings