Browser does not support script.


Applying for an undergraduate degree

Apply now for 2021

Student stood against patterned wall

Applications for full-time higher education courses at UK universities or colleges must be made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).

If you already have your qualifications, you can apply directly to us and we’ll accept you using a record of prior acceptance.

On this page

How to apply through UCAS

If you already have your qualifications

Mature students

International students

If you've changed your mind

Other ways to apply


How to apply through UCAS

Applications through UCAS are made via their online system.

You can apply for up to five choices of institution or course.

You can find step-by-step guides and advice on the UCAS how to apply pages. We're also happy to give you help and advice. If you have any questions please email Admissions - or use our live chat.

Application codes

During your application, you will need the institution code and course code.

The York St John University institution code is Y75 YSJ.

Course codes can be found on all of our undergraduate course pages and in our prospectus.

Interviews and auditions

If you are applying for a course that requires an interview or audition, you can complete these online. We will provide you with all the information you need before your interview or audition.

If you already have your qualifications

If you already have your qualifications in place, you can apply directly to us and we’ll accept you using a record of prior acceptance. We’ll just need to see scans or clear photos of your certificates and we’ll get you to fill in a short form.

If you take this route, that means that you will be committed to us and that you won’t be able to apply to other places. If you have not decided where you want to go, we would recommend that you apply through UCAS as above.

Get in touch with us at and we’ll talk you through the process.

Mature students

We have a mature student entry scheme for people who have been out of education for three years or more.

Mature student entry scheme

International students

Applicants from outside the EU can apply directly to us.

How to apply: International students

Already accepted a place through UCAS and changed your mind?

If you have accepted a place through UCAS and changed your mind, we recommend calling UCAS on 0371 4680468. If you have accepted your place recently, they may be able to change your choice.

If you need any advice, we’ll be happy to help. Email us at

Want to change your course at York St John?

This is normally easy to do. Just get in touch with us and we are normally able to make the change in UCAS, as long as you are qualified for the course that you want to change to.

In some cases, where an interview is required this is more difficult, but get in touch and we’ll do everything that we can to help.

Key dates for 2021 entry

Some Universities will not consider your application after this date. At York St John University, we treat all applications equally - no matter when we receive them.

You last chance to apply through UCAS to 5 university choices. All applications received after this date are entered into Clearing.

You can contact universities directly to apply. See the Different ways to apply section below to find out about clearing at York St John University.

As students receive their A level results and choose whether to change their application more places may become available at your university of choice.

Contact us on 01904 809 700 to discuss your options.

Different ways to apply

Applying through UCAS may not be appropriate for everyone. If you are transferring from another university, applying from overseas, or returning to study after a break then the following links may be useful to you.

Transferring to York St John

Applying from outside the UK

Applying as a Mature Learner

Applying through Clearing

Cookie Settings