What to bring with you
By now you must be really excited about kitting out your new home with pictures of friends and family, posters, plants and more. It's one of the most exciting things about getting a new place. Here is a list of the essentials to bring, but don't worry if you forget anything, we have shops in York too!
- Crockery and kitchen equipment - think plates and cups, cutlery, pots and pans and so on
- Bedding - all the basics plus throws and cushions will make your room cosy
- Bathroom essentials - towels, toilet roll, toiletries. Even a rubber duck if you want!
- Basic cleaning supplies - duster, toilet brush and cloths
- Things to make your room your own - rugs, fairy lights, plants, posters, a TV. Anything you like to surround yourself with.
We would recommend waiting until you move in to buy bigger kitchen appliances like a toaster or kettle. When you arrive, you can talk about this with your housemates and go to buy the things you need together.
Accommodation and coronavirus
All of our accommodation sites are opening as normal in September. When you move in, your flatmates will become your 'household' and you will follow the government guidelines accordingly. This means you won't need to socially distance from your flatmates, but you will need to follow social distancing guidelines with people outside of your flat.
If you have not applied yet
The deadline for guaranteed accommodation has passed, but don't panic, that doesn't mean we can't find you a room. Our accommodation team will do their best to find a room that's right for you. Please submit your application as soon as you can using our online application system.
Getting help with accommodation queries
If you have questions about your accommodation or need to talk to someone about adjustment requirements, you can contact our Accommodation team. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.