Browser does not support script.


International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan

Which programmes can I study at International Christian University?

 Japanese & Intercultural Communication BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 

Japanese & TESOL BA (Hons) (2nd year of 3 year degree) 
Japanese, English Language & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, Intercultural & Contemporary Communication BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)
Japanese, TESOL & Linguistics BA (Hons) (3rd year of 4 year degree)


Academic Information

Number of credits required: 12-16 Japanese credits per semester; 24-32 Japanese credits per year

Module catalogue can be found on the ICU website. 


Academic Calendar

Semester 1 Early September until Late November (approximate dates)

Semester 2 Early December until Late March (approximate dates)

Semester 3 Early April until Late June (approximate dates)

More detailed term dates 


Accommodation abroad

Students need to apply for 'On-Campus' accommodation or can go private through an ICU agent. More information on cost can be found on the ICU website.



Please ensure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than six months after you intend to return. You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa. Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes. So if you do have any visa-related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.



Students are required to enrol in the Japanese National Insurance System which costs approximately ¥1000 a month.


More Information

Visit the ICU website 

Study abroad ambassador:

Chloe Walker, 

Sophia Whittingham, 

Fact Sheet 2018/19 ICU

Cookie Settings