Browser does not support script.

Study Abroad destinations

Kwansei Gakuin University

Nishinomiya, Japan

What you can study

CourseWhen you can study
Japanese, TESOL and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year
Japanese, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics BA 3rd year, full year

Academic information

Choosing your modules

You will need to gain the following credits from your modules: 

  • 12 to 16 Japanese credits per semester
  • 24 to 32 Japanese credits per year. 

You can see the module options in the Kwansei Gakuin University module catalogue.  

Academic calendar

The academic year is split into 2 semesters: 

  • Semester 1: Mid September until mid January (approximate dates)
  • Semester 2: End of March until mid July (approximate dates)

Visit the Kwansei Gakuin University website for a full list of academic dates.


Accommodation abroad

Approximately 170,000 Yen to 400,000 Yen per semester. 

Information on all student accommodation is available on the Kwansei Gakuin university website. 

Costs and visas


Funding is available to help you with study abroad costs. Please see our Funding page for more details.

Additional costs

This information is about additional costs of studying at this host university. Please be aware that prices are subject to change, and the list may not be exhaustive.

We recommend looking at the host website, as well as entry requirements for the country, to get a full understanding of the costs involved.

Students are required to pay into:

  • Japanese National Insurance - approximately 20,000 JPY per year
  • Gakkensai (personal accident insurance) - approximately 1,000 JPY per year
  • Futai-Gakuso (comprehensive insurance) - approximately 1,860 JPY per year

Program fees are charged for students studying abroad for 1 year. Initial fees are 80,000 JPY, and administration fees are 7,000 JPY (based on 2022/23 rates).


Please ensure you have an up to date passport that expires no earlier than 6 months after you intend to return.

You will be provided with guidance and documentation from the partner university but it will be your responsibility to obtain the correct visa. Neither the Study Abroad team here or at the partner university are qualified to offer consultations or detailed advice regarding visa applications. Immigration laws are complex and subject to frequent changes.

If you do have any visa-related questions you will need to contact the appropriate Embassy directly.

Cookie Settings