Browser does not support script.


Print Services

We offer help and advice on printing, photocopying, stationery, print credit and binding for dissertations and other documents

You can print or make photocopies using any of the Konica Minolta multi-function devices that are located throughout both our York and London campuses.

We also offer a print/copy service for students. Electronic work can be e-mailed to and hard copy work can be dropped off at the Information Services desk, where you can fill out an order form.

Print Services aim to complete the majority of print orders within 24 hours.

Stationery vending machine

In Fountains Learning Centre at our York Campus, Print Services operates a vending machine on the Ground Floor. The vending machine is cashless and accepts contactless card payments. Here you can buy stationery and other items including:

  • Pens
  • Blank disks
  • Batteries
  • Post-It notes
  • Sellotape
  • Memory sticks
  • Highlighters
  • Pritt sticks
  • Notepads.

Print charges and credit

Prices are as follows:

  • A4 Black and White: Single Sided 4p, Double Sided 6p
  • A4 Colour: Single Sided 15p, Double Sided 22p
  • A3 Black and White: Single Sided 10p, Double Sided 15p
  • A3 Colour Single Sided: 30p, Double Sided 45p

All new student print accounts automatically receive £2.00 free print credit when you start at York St John. If you need more, you can top up your account online with a debit or credit card:

Log in to PaperCut

We are unable to issue refunds on any unused print credit, so please make sure you only top-up what you need.


How to print using university devices.


How to photocopy using university devices.


How to scan using university devices.

Binding and laminating

How to use our binding and laminating service

Dissertation printing

How to use the dissertation printing and binding service.

Copyright for students

Guidance on copyright and your studies.


How do I add print credit?

If you want to top up your print credit, this can be done by logging into your PaperCut account.

You can add a minimum of £2 and a maximum of £50 to your printing account at any one time.

You will then be asked to log in to the payment system using your university credentials. Please follow the on-screen instructions to then top up your account using a debit or credit card.

Can I get my student print credit refunded before I leave the University?

Unfortunately we cannot provide refunds for any unused student print credit. We therefore ask that you only top up what you need where possible, and use up any excess credit before you leave.

How do I logon to a Konica Minolta device?

Please logon using your staff or student ID card. Simply place this on the front panel of the device, and you should be automatically logged on. The first time you do this, you will be prompted for your university username and password. If you forget your card, you can also log on to the printers by manually inputting your university username and password.

The machine has run out of toner or is showing an error message – what should I do?

For machines in Fountains, please visit the Information Services desk on the Ground Floor to report any issues.

For all other Konica Minolta devices located around campus, please contact Print Services, either by phone on 6025, or by email.


How can I scan documents using a Konica Minolta device?

All of the Konica devices have both a "scan to email" and "scan to USB memory stick" function. This feature is free of charge to use.

The machine keeps jamming – how can this be fixed?

Please check that the paper is in its proper tray and correctly positioned. You can do this simply by pulling the tray in question out by its handle.

Humidity or dampness can also cause the machine to jam if paper has taken moisture on board. If you suspect that the paper may be damp (this can happen after long periods of inactivity), then try putting in a fresh ream of paper.

Please contact Print Services for further assistance if necessary.

I seem to have a problem with a desktop Inkjet or LaserJet printer?

Although consumables can be obtained from Print Services, please report any faults or issues with non-Konica Minolta desktop printers to the IT helpdesk instead.

Can I recycle ink and toner cartridges?

All ink and toner cartridges can be returned to Print Services for recycling, with the exception of Konica toners which should be disposed of in the general waste.

Cookie Settings