YSJ For You course
YSJ For You is our online course about becoming a student at York St John University. Find out what university study looks like and gain the skills you need to make the most of your first few weeks with us.
This course is for you. YSJ For You is an online induction module co-created by staff and students to give you an introduction to York St John.
You will gain practical skills to help you when you arrive, and discover our IT systems and how to use them effectively.
About the course
The course will help you prepare for studying at university. From navigating new technology to effectively managing your time, we will cover all the key skills so you can start your course with confidence.
The course is available to everyone via Moodle and to access it you will need a University login. To get your University login you need to go through the enrolment process.
This course covers:
- Digital Skills: introducing you to key IT systems and tools here at York St John.
- Studying at university: finding out about independent learning at university, and important skills you need to get started.
- Belonging: ways to join in and feel at home in the York St John community, as well as the dedicated support available to students.
- Living at and away from York St John: ideas for settling into the York, London and the UK, sustainable living, support with accommodation, travel and commuting.
- Opportunities: Want to find out more about work experience? Placements? Internships? Studying Abroad? This course covers how we can support you take advantage of a variety of opportunities.
How to access the course
You will need to be enrolled before you can access this course.
It's easy to access the YSJ For You Moodle course. This short video guide will show you how:
You can also use the link below and follow these steps:
- Login to Moodle, our virtual learning environment, using your York St John University username and password.
- Click on the 'enrol' button to permanently enrol yourself on the course.
- You will then be able to view the course content.