Borrow library equipment
A range of electronic and audio-visual resources is available for students and staff to borrow.
Students can borrow laptops directly from our laptop loan lockers in Fountains and Holgate. They cannot be reserved in advance.
When you borrow a laptop from these locations you will be able to keep it for 3 days. At the end of the three days you must return the laptop to the laptop locker. It is not possible to renew laptops as they are in high demand. (Lockers in other locations such as the London campus or Haxby Road may have different loan periods.)
Staff are not eligible to use the lockers. Please check the intranet for information on laptops available for staff use.
iPads, recorders and video cameras
Both students and staff must reserve this type of equipment in advance using the Media Loans system, and pick it up on the York campus.
Using Media Loans, you can also:
- Check on availability and loan periods for equipment
- Get a reminder in your calendar to pick up your equipment, and get an email when it is due
- Get email notification of overdue items
- Check the status of your account, including bookings and fines
- Reserve disability equipment, calculators, and other items
Sign in using your York St John username and password. Reserved items can be picked up from the Information Services desk in Fountains Learning Centre.
Some of the schools also loan out specialist media equipment for use in class projects.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.