Professional and short courses
CELTA taster day
Learn about our CELTA course and discover what a fascinating and exciting career teaching English as a foreign language can be.
This course is designed for people with no experience of TEFLA (Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults) but will also act as a useful refresher course if you do have experience.
You will receive a £75 reduction in course fees if you enrol on one of our 2020 CELTA courses, or a £50 reduction if you enrol for a CELTA course after 2020.
- Duration – Saturday 8 February 2020
- Time – 9:30am to 5:00pm
£75 Payment and enrolment is via the York St John University online store
Learn more about CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages) on our practical and energising 1 day course.
You will learn:
- How to create a positive classroom atmosphere
- How to give clear instructions and manage groups of learners effectively
- How to encourage students to speak in class
- How to develop students reading and listening skills
- How to teach and learn vocabulary
- How to raise your own awareness of English grammar
- How to make the learning and teaching of English fun
You will receive a certificate of attendance from the university.
|Session 1||09:45am to 11:15am|
|Session 2||11:30am to 1:00pm|
1:00pm to 1:45pm
|Session 3||1:45pm to 3:15pm|
|Session 4||3:30pm to 5:00pm|
Attendees should meet at Holgate Reception at 9:30am.