Falls Management - Policy and Evidence Based Practice
This day will be of benefit to practitioners working in a therapeutic context and therefore is primarily directed towards the therapy professions. However all disciplines working with people at risk of falls are welcome.
- Duration – One-day study day
- Start date – Contact us for further information using the form below.
Facilitators - Dr Sam Yoward and Stephen Wey
£95 For self-funded individuals
By attending this course you will:
- Critically evaluate policy and evidence relating to falls management.
- Review anatomy and physiology in relation to balance, function and falling.
- Consider a range of assessment and intervention strategies and their application to falls management.
Course leader biographies
Stephen Wey, Senior Lecturer at York St John University, is known nationally and internationally for his knowledge and expertise in dementia care and the person centred use of technology as a way to support independent living. Stephen runs our dementia rehabilitation courses, and offers consultancy to other organisations that wish to promote best practice in using technology within dementia care services. Stephen has a long history of involvement with the development of rehabilitative and enabling services for older people, particularly specialist services for people with dementia, and falls and telecare services.
Dr Samantha Yoward, Senior Lecturer at York St John University teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students, particularly from the physiotherapy programmes.
Samantha’s areas of interest are:
- Rehabilitation of adults with neurological impairment, particularly in relation to balance and gait
- Multiple sclerosis