Introduction to CBT
Do you find you struggle to motivate some of your clients, patients or service users?
Are they just immersed in their thoughts so much so that it interferes with your work with them? If this sounds familiar, then using CBT skills and interventions can help you work more efficiently and effectively with these clients. This course is currently fully booked, to be added to a waiting list please email email@example.com
- Location – York campus or can be delivered for organisations offsite
- Duration – Two-day study day
- Start date – 4th and 11th November 2019 - course fully booked
Facilitator - Matthew Cole - BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
£190 for self-funded individuals
Health Education England funding available Funding criteria
By attending this course you will:
- Learn the Theory and Practice of CBT
- Develop Assessment and Formulation skills
- Apply CBT Processes to self and others
- Explore a range of CBT tools
- Discover how to apply CBT assessment and formulation within your clinical setting
Health and social care professionals who work with individual clients who wish to enhance their range psychological skills and interventions.
What difference will it make to my attendees?
Attendees will gain a greater understanding about the dynamic interplay between thoughts, feelings and behaviours. As a result, they will gain greater insight into their own and others' psychological processes, allowing them to assess and formulate their problems.
Benefits to the employee
- Clinicians to notice positive benefits in their clinical practice by enhancing and complimenting current skill sets and expanding their range of CBT skill sets
Benefits to the employer
- Clients/patients to hopefully benefit by the increased range of psychological interventions, based on the assessment and formulation skills that the clinical can offer, which will impact hugely on the clients recovery and quality of life. In addition these skills will enhance the clinicians sense and scope of practice.
Course leader biographies
Matthew Cole is BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist who has been in practice for over 30 years. He has worked for a range of organisations including the NHS, the MOD, mental health charities and the private sector.
He has worked with a vast range of individuals, groups and organisations using CBT based interventions as the agent of change.