One day Introduction to CBT
Would you like to gain a greater understanding of the basic ideas and concepts of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
By attending this short course, you will gain a greater understanding of the basic ideas and concepts of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We will also help you understand your client’s problems and to develop more focused, collaborative working partnerships and create lasting, meaningful change.
- Location – York campus or can be delivered for organisations offsite
- Duration – One-day study day
- Start date – Flexible
Facilitators - Matthew Cole - BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
£95 For self-funded individuals
By attending this course you will:
- Learn what CBT is
- Discover to use CBT for Assessments of clients
- Realise how to formulate client’s problems with CBT
- Explore Common Treatment Interventions
Health and social care professionals who work with individual clients who wish to expand their knowledge and skill base.
What difference will it make to my attendees?
Individuals who have attended the course can utilise CBT skills within the therapeutic alliance, creating lasting change for the clients they work with. In addition to being able to use CBT skills within their own lives.
Benefits to the employee
- A more knowledgeable worker who can use CBT to complement their own working practices, and further enhance their skills and competence. This in turn will have a positive impact on the working environment.
Benefits to the employer
- A direct impact on staff welfare and sense of empowerment when working clinically by having highly skilled and motivated employees
Course leader biographies
Matthew Cole is BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist who has been in practice for nearly 30 years. He has worked for a range of organisations including the NHS, the MOD, mental health charities and the private sector.
He has worked with a vast range of individuals, groups and organisations using CBT based interventions as the agent of change.