The Accessibility Support Service is here to support you with making your learning and research resources accessible to you if you have a visual, physical or learning disability.
Our Accessibility Support Booklet introduces you to the accessibility services available to you from Library & Learning Services, including the services listed on this page. You can download this booklet as a PDF or EPUB. EPUB files are compatible with most eReader devices and apps.
You must be registered to the Library's Accessibility Support service to access many of these services. To register, please sign up using the Library & Learning Services Accessibility Support Service sign up form.
RNIB Bookshare account
We can create individual RNIB member accounts so you can search RNIB Bookshare for items on your reading list as well as other books which may be useful for your modules. You can request an RNIB Bookshare Account using the Library & Learning Services Accessibility Support Service sign up form.
You can use RNIB Bookshare in the following ways:
On your computer
- Go to RNIB Bookshare and log in with your RNIB Bookshare login details.
- Use the search bar to find a book you need.
- Select your file format using the drop-down box and click 'Download'.
On your device
- Download the Dolphin EasyReader app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with Dolphin EasyReader and log in.
- Choose 'RNIB Bookshare' from the list of services and log in using your RNIB Bookshare details.
- Use the search bar to find books and download them to use inside the reader. The reader gives you lots of options to customize the formatting of your reading experience.
Convert a file
You can use SensusAccess to convert PDFs, JPEGs and other files into an ebook, text tile, audio or braille format.
You can request the scanning of an individual item or all essential reading for a module that is not already available in accessible format in your reading list.
We are typically able to offer a range of specialist equipment for use within Fountains Learning Centre, such as DesktopZoom and TextHelp Read and Write. For other software available, please visit our A–Z software list.
You are entitled to borrow up to 35 items at a time.
Book request service and nominated collection
You can send an advance request to borrow books using our click and collect service.
If you are sending someone else to collect the books on your behalf, they will be required to show their ID and your student card each time they borrow on your behalf.
You can request a tactile copy of a resource.