Explore the world while you learn with Study Abroad or volunteer in another country.
The Study Abroad programme is an enriching opportunity for you to experience living in another country whilst studying abroad at one of our partner universities.
This popular programme allows you to spend a semester or a year abroad and earn academic credits that count towards your York St John University degree, at no extra tuition fee or time.
The Volunteering team work with 5 partner organisations who offer international volunteering. If you would like to find out more about getting involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
International projects include:
- Think Pacific: Volunteer in Fiji and experience the unique culture, customs and way of life of the incredible South Pacific islands. You can join a traditional village, become a member of a Fijian family and work as a team to contribute to education, youth and sports development projects.
Due to COVID-19, Think Pacific have adapted their international volunteering opportunities to provide a remote opportunity. Think Pacific have partnered with organisations across Fiji, from Government departments to NGO's, to offer the opportunity to make a difference remotely. With regular starting dates throughout the academic year and flexible hours, this virtual opportunity is a great way to develop your skills and experience. Find out more about this opportunity on Think Pacific's website.
- International Service: Volunteer overseas to help women, children, young people and people with disabilities access their rights across the world.
- Play Action International: Volunteer in Uganda to develop children’s learning opportunities by building playgrounds and running arts and play sessions.
- Challenges Abroad: Choose from a range of volunteering opportunities to engage with local communities and make a lasting impact overseas.
- DigDeep: Volunteer to take on the challenge of fundraising for DigDeep and climbing Kilimanjaro