Careers and placements
Our student internships can boost your CV and kickstart a potential future career.
You can develop key recruitment skills, gain valuable work experience and start to build your professional network. All internships are project based. Most are part-time and last for a duration of 4 to 12 weeks.
You will be paid £9.59 per hour and will be paid on the 22nd of each month, following the submission of a timesheet.
To discuss the student internships in more detail, please contact our Student Internship Programme Team by emailing email@example.com or call 01904 876 519.
As well as offering our Student Internship Programme all year we also offer two programmes at specific times of the year:
- Summer Internship Programme: June to September
- YSJ On Campus Internship Programme: September to May
Summer Internship Programme 2020
- Paid virtual opportunities over the summer
- Internships are mainly for organisations in York or the surrounding area but working from home
- Internships will start from mid-June to September
- Internships are mostly part time over 120 hours over 4 to 12 weeks
- In order to apply, you must be a current undergraduate student at YSJ in the academic year 2019/20 with your current course continuing in 2020/21 or a postgraduate student in 2019/20.
YSJ On Campus Internship Programme - 2020/21
- All opportunities are with departments at YSJU.
- Internships will be available between September and May.
- Any current student at York St John University can apply, including postgraduates
- Opportunities vary from business administration, events management to creating website content and more
How to apply
- All internships are advertised on LaunchPad Online
- You will need to download an application form here and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV
- Please read the Role Description before completing your application and make sure you give examples of how you meet the criteria
- You can apply for multiple internships but you will need to complete a separate application form for each one
- Please remember you can book an appointment with a Careers Advisor if you need help with your application