Our student internships can boost your CV and kickstart a potential future career.
A York St John Internship is your chance to develop key skills, gain valuable work experience and start to build your professional network.
All internships are project based. Most are part time and last for a duration of 4 to 12 weeks.
You will receive a competitive hourly rate, paid on the 22nd of each month, following the submission of a timesheet.
As well as offering our Student Internship Programme all year we also offer two programmes at specific times of the year:
- Summer Internship Programme: June to September
- YSJ On Campus Internship Programme: September to May
Summer Internship Programme 2022
- Internships could be virtual, blended or in-person (when applying make sure you know which one it is)
- Internships are mainly with organisations in York or the surrounding area but the majority will offer a virtual experience so don't worry if you're not in York for the summer
- Internships will start from mid-June to September
- Internships are flexible and can be completed part time over 4 to 12 weeks, each internship is a total of 120 hours
- In order to apply, you must be a current undergraduate student at YSJ in the academic year 2021/22 with your current course continuing in 2022/23 or a postgraduate student in 2022/23.
- Final year undergraduate students are not eligible for the Summer Internship Programme.
YSJ On Campus Internship Programme 2022
- All opportunities are with departments at YSJ
- Internships will be available between September and May
- Any current student at York St John University can apply, including postgraduates
- Opportunities vary from business administration, events management to creating website content and more.
How to apply
- All internships are advertised on LaunchPad Online
- You will need to download an application form here and submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org and upload your CV to your LaunchPad Online Profile.
- Please read the Role Description before completing your application and make sure you give examples of how you meet the criteria
- You can apply for multiple internships but you will need to complete a separate application form for each one.
- Please remember you can book an appointment with a Careers Advisor if you need help with your application.