Welcome to our new students
Information for London Campus students joining us in 2021.
Welcome Week timetable
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to York St John University London Campus.
Whilst we are looking forward to meeting you, your safety and the safety of our staff, other students and visitors is paramount. As a result, our Campus is closed until further notice and enrolment, induction and teaching will all be delivered online.
Currently the UK is in another period of lockdown, until 15 February 2021 at the earliest.
If you arrive in the UK before this time, you must follow the Government Lockdown Guidelines. You can find more information on the Government Lockdown Guidance website.
In addition to this you need to be aware of the following information:
- It is likely that you will need to quarantine for a period of 10 days on arrival in the UK*
- Stay at home wherever possible
- All teaching will be delivered online. To help facilitate this, please make sure you have access to a computer
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide accommodation during this self- isolation period
- The campus is currently closed until further notice.
*If you are unsure whether you need to self-isolate, please refer to the UK Government’s Exemption list. If your country is not named on the travel corridor list, you will need to self-isolate for 10 days.
If you have concerns or are self- isolating and require support, please email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the UK's Government policy on self-isolating: How to self-isolate when you travel to England.
Travel in London
Discounted oyster card
As a full- tme student in the UK you are entitled to a discount on your travel when moving around in London. This means that if you take a train or bus within London Zones 1 to 6 you can do so for less than the full rate.
A comprehensive step by step guide is provided on how to apply for an oyster card. You can access it here: Oyster Card Application Process (PDF, 0.3 MB)
Who can apply
You can apply for the 18+ Oyster if you are:
- 18 or over
- Live in a London Borough during term time
- Enrolled at a school, college or University.
How to apply
You can apply for an oyster card via the Transport For London website below:
If you have any errors in the application or ordering process please contact TFL for their assistance on the matter.
Your Semester 2 Timetable is not yet live. Timetable is still subject to change due to staffing, module changes and the COVID-19 situation.
Please check your email address regularly as we will email you with confirmation of your timetable being released.
Timetable Access Guide
The following guide provides a step by step process on how to access your timetable online: Evision Guide - How to view your Timetable (PDF, 0.3 MB)
You will need to follow these steps:
1. Got to https://timetable.yorksj.ac.uk/timetable. You will be asked to input your username and password. Then follow the steps provided in the guide above.
2. To view your personal timetable you need to select the student tab on the main page
3. You will need to enter your student number in the ID section, followed by the selected weeks, you will notice that there is a drop down menu, this will enable you to select either an individual week or an entire semester.
If your timetable is not appearing
On some occasions your timetable may not appear on the timetabling system/website. There’s a number of reasons this could be, such as:
- The most common reason for this is due to late enrolment
- Throughout Welcome Week the timetable is being edited
- You have not completed your online enrolment
- University record system has not transferred your information.
Key academic term dates
Please see your term date information below:
- Semester 1 – 15 February to 4 June 2021
- Spring Term – 15 February to 2 April 2021
- Summer Term - 26 April to 2 June 2021