Browser does not support script.

Welcome to London Campus

Visas and BRP cards

Visas, arrival information, and how to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card.

Two international students in the SU

Student visas

As an international student, you need to have a Student visa unless you:

  • Hold a full British passport
  • Hold settled or pre-settled status (EU, EEA, Swiss nationals)
  • Already have a different type of visa that allows you to study for the full length of your course

EU, EEA and Swiss nationals without settled or pre-settled status will need to apply for a Student visa.

If you will be studying for less than 6 months or attending the University as an occasional or visiting student then refer to Standard Visitor visa route (

You cannot apply for your visa until you have your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number. When you have this, you can apply for your visa on the UKVI website. After your visa has been granted you will get an Entry Clearance Vignette sticker in your passport. This is valid for 90 days and you must travel to the UK within that 90 day period.

Full details of the visa application process are on our Visa and immigration pages.

Arriving in the UK

Let us know when you will arrive in the UK using our arrivals form.

London student arrivals form

Non-EU Nationals

When you arrive in the UK you must email with a photo of:

  • Your stamped entry visa

EEA Nationals

When you arrive in the UK you must email with a photo of your:

  • Digital visa status in PDF form
  • Flight ticket and boarding pass
  • Share code

Your first day

On your first day at the University, you will complete an enrolment form at your induction. We will also need the following information from you:

  • Passport and Entry Clearance Vignette
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) or your unconditional offer letter (for those applying for a Standard Visitor visa)
  • Decision letter which explains how and where to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), if applicable

Download this checklist for documents that can be used for registration: Visa Document Checklist (docx, 0.4 MB)

Visa conditions

You must comply with your visa conditions to make sure that you maintain your right to stay in the UK. There are a number of rules and procedures you must follow in order to meet your visa conditions while you are in the UK.

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card collection

You need to make an appointment to collect your BRP card on campus.

To book an appointment, please email the visa team: It is not possible to telephone the Visa team to arrange an appointment for the same day.

When you email the Visa team please include your name, the names of any dependants you are collecting BRP cards for, and your application reference number.

Staff at York St John London Campus cannot print your ID card or letters until your BRP and passport has been accepted by VISA.

If you have any further questions on any Visa related matters, please contact us: