Browser does not support script.

Your home

Report an accommodation issue

How to report an issue in University or private accommodation.

York St John accommodation 

If you have a problem with your York St John University accommodation, you can report it through our form. Problems may include: 

  • Communal living concerns, such as cleaning
  • Antisocial behaviour, such as bullying or noise
  • Illegal activity

Reports can be made anonymously using our online form:

Report an issue

Although students can anonymously report issues, if they do not provide accommodation information or student information, such as names or IDs, we will struggle to take concrete action as it will not be clear on defining details.

The form should not be used to report maintenance issues. To report a maintenance issue please make use of the contact details on our Repairs and maintenance page.

In an emergency, please contact our Security team on 01904 876 444 or 07885 201 182.

Partner accommodation

If you live in one of our partner provided halls of residence and are experiencing accommodation related issues, you will need to contact them directly.


For issues relating to Abode:

The Brickworks

For issues relating to the The Brickworks:

The Coal Yard

For issues relating to The Coal Yard:

Private accommodation

If you live in private accommodation and are experiencing accommodation related issues, you can contact one of our Welfare Advisers by emailing