Browser does not support script.

Your finances

Student support fund

The aim of the fund is to alleviate unexpected financial difficulties.

The YSJ Student Support Fund provides financial assistance to students in need.

The Student Support Fund is now closed. It will open for next academic year week commencing 4 October 2021. 

If you are financially struggling and would like to speak with a member of the Student Funding Advice Team you can either email them on or you can book a 15 minute slot at one of our online drop-in sessions. 

Book a student fuding drop-in slot



The Foodbank is open to all students who find themselves in financial difficulty for a short period of time. The Foodbank is made up of basic food necessities and toiletries to help support students facing difficulty through a short period of time. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if the Foodback could help you. Email

If you are not living in York you can use a food bank local to you. To find the nearest one to you, please visit the Trussell Trust website.


Cookie Settings