Browser does not support script.

Your home

Repairs and maintenance

How to report repairs and maintenance issues in university or private accommodation.

During your time at university, you may encounter issues with your home requiring repairs or maintenance.

Use this guidance to find the correct contact for repairs and maintenance in your accommodation.

York St John University accommodation

We are responsible for providing you with secure accommodation, which includes maintaining the property and sorting out any maintenance issues. When you report an issue, urgent items will be addressed but you may be asked to wait for less urgent problems to be dealt with.

Planned maintenance

From time to time staff or contractors will need access to your flat or room to inspect the communal areas or for statutory planned maintenance, like fire alarm tests. We will give you advance notice of such visits.

Who to contact

Please report any maintenance issues to with your full name, accommodation details, a contact number and a detailed description of the maintenance issue.

In an emergency please contact the Security team on 01904 876 444 or 07885 201 182.

Contact details vary depending on your location and the nature of the issue. The table below will help you find the correct contact for your issue.

Location General maintenance Internet Laundry facilities
City Residence
Limes Court
The Grange
Garden Street
St John Central
01904 876 666
03333 080 090
Washpoint website
08000 546 546
49 Clarence Street
01904 876 666
02080 901 290
Campus Services:
University Managed Housing (UMH) Please refer to your UMH guide. Out of hours security:
Managed by landlord Please refer to your UMH guide.

If you believe that issues in your accommodation have not been dealt with appropriately or are still unresolved, please contact the Accommodation team on

Private accommodation

If you are living in private accommodation, your landlord should be your first point of contact.

If you are having problems communicating with your landlord, you can get advice and guidance from one of our Welfare Advisers by emailing