Exams and assessment
Completing resits and reassessments
How do I know if I need to complete reassessments/resits?
Results will be confirmed after the meeting of the Progress and Award Examination Panel.
A progression statement will be emailed to your University email account following the Panel meeting. This will state whether you have failed any modules and need to resit.
You can also use your e:Vision account to check your results to see whether you have failed any modules and need to resit. Information setting out reassessment requirements will be provided by your School and is normally available on Moodle.
If you fail a module at first attempt, you must be available for resit opportunities as scheduled. You are expected to attend resits (such as examinations, practical demonstrations, presentations, performances) and to meet resit deadlines for handing in assessments.
It is your responsibility to check your results and to contact your School regarding your reassessment arrangements.
If you have any queries about your results and what you must do to progress to the next year, please contact Registry staff immediately for advice on email@example.com.
Important reassessment information
The penalty for the late submission of a reassessment is a mark of zero, which may result in termination of studies.
Different rules apply for progression and reassessment depending on which assessment scheme applies. Your e:Vision account will confirm whether 'Scheme A compensation scheme' or 'Scheme B condonement scheme' applies to you.
- Section 34: Assessment Schemes 2022-23 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 35: Scheme A Marking Scales 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 36: Scheme A Undergraduate Progression 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 37: Scheme A Postgraduate & Graduate Progression 2022-23 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 38: Scheme A Reassessment 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 39: Scheme A Undergraduate Awards 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 40: Scheme A Postgraduate Awards 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 41: Scheme B Marking Scales 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 42: Scheme B Undergraduate Progression 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 43: Scheme B Postgraduate & Graduate Progression 2022-23 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 44: Scheme B Reassessment 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 45: Scheme B Undergraduate Awards 2022-23 (PDF 0.3 MB)
- Section 46: Scheme B Postgraduate Awards 2022-23 (PDF 0.2 MB)
The second attempt for assessments taken in semester 1 is normally in the Easter vacation and for semester 2 modules in the reassessment period in the summer vacation.
Except for examinations, and within the confines set by the Academic Registrar's deadline, deadlines for individual assessments are the responsibility of, and set by the School, though the standard deadline set by the Registry is typically used.
Any assessments or reassessments to be taken to meet conditional progression requirements are usually scheduled to take place in October or will be determined by the Progress and Award Examination Panel.
With effect from 2022-23 academic year, resit fees are no longer payable for standard module resits. However, a charge will still be payable for teaching placement resits for all years.
Payment arrangements for placement resits should be checked with the Finance team.
Repeating a module involves attending classes/tutorials and receiving the full range of academic guidance as well as submitting assessments. The cost for internal repeat for the tuition of a module is £650 for 2022-23. Students repeating a full level will be charged the annual year’s fees.
There is no automatic right to repeat a module. For further details on the policy, permissions and limitations for internally repeating refer to the Code of Practice Section: Section 19: Module Repeats Policy 2022-23 (PDF, 0.1 MB)