Exams and assessment
Completing resits and reassessments
How do I know if I need to complete reassessments/resits?
Results will be confirmed after the meeting of the Progress and Award Examination Panel.
Please use your e:Vision account to check your results to see whether you have failed any modules and need to resit. Information setting out reassessment requirements will be provided by your School and is normally available on Moodle.
If you fail a module at first attempt, you must be available for resit opportunities as scheduled. You are expected to attend resits (such as examinations, practical demonstrations, presentations, performances) and to meet resit deadlines for handing in assessments.
It is your responsibility to check your results and to contact your School regarding your reassessment arrangements.
If you have any queries about your results and what you must do to progress to the next year, please contact Registry staff immediately for advice on email@example.com.
Important reassessment information
The penalty for the late submission of a reassessment is a mark of zero, which may result in termination of studies.
Different rules apply for progression and reassessment depending on which assessment scheme applies. Your e:Vision account will confirm whether 'Scheme A compensation scheme' or Scheme B condonement scheme' applies to you.
- Section 33: Assessment Schemes 2020-21 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 37: Scheme A Reassessment 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 34: Scheme A Marking Scales 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 35: Scheme A Undergraduate Progression 2020-21 (PDF 0.3 MB)
- Section 38: Scheme A Undergraduate Awards 2020-21 (PDF 0.3 MB)
- Section 36: Scheme A Postgraduate & Graduate Progression 2020-21 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 39: Scheme A Postgraduate Awards 2020-21 (PDF 0.3 MB)
- Section 43: Scheme B Reassessment 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 40: Scheme B Marking Scales 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 41: Scheme B Undergraduate Progression 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
- Section 44: Scheme B Undergraduate Awards 2020-21 (PDF 0.3 MB)
- Section 42: Scheme B Postgraduate & Graduate Progression 2020-21 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- Section 45: Scheme B Postgraduate Awards 2020-21 (PDF 0.2 MB)
The second attempt for assessments taken in semester 1 is normally in the Easter vacation and for semester 2 modules in the reassessment period in the summer vacation.
Except for examinations, and within the confines set by the Academic Registrar's deadline, deadlines for individual assessments are the responsibility of, and set by the School, though the standard deadline set by the Registry is typically used.
Any assessments or reassessments to be taken to meet conditional progression requirements are usually scheduled to take place in October or will be determined by the Progress and Award Examination Panel.
- Students are required to pay a resit fee of £55 per failed module in 2020-21.
- Degree Apprenticeship students who commenced studies in 2019-20 or earlier are eligible for a lower resit fee of £50.
- Erasmus+ students are exempt from paying resit fees.
- Payments should be made through the Online Store.
- A higher charge applies for teaching placement resits - arrangements for payment should be checked with Finance.
Repeating a module involves attending classes/tutorials and receiving the full range of academic guidance as well as submitting assessments. The cost for internal repeat for the tuition of a module is £650 for 2020-21. Students repeating a full level will be charged the annual year’s fees.
There is no automatic right to repeat a module. For further details on the policy, permissions and limitations for internally repeating refer to the Code of Practice Section.