Browser does not support script.

Your student record

Change of name

Process for changing your official name on your student record.

If you wish to change your official name from the one you used when you first enrolled with York St John University you must submit a Notification of Change of Official Name and show supporting evidence that the new name is valid, such as a birth or marriage certificate, passport, deed poll or statutory declaration of name change. Overseas students must bring their passports.

It is possible to change your ‘known as’ name on your student record by email (without a form) to:

This change will enable a change of name on your:

  • IT account
  • Student/Library Card
  • Moodle and Mahara accounts
  • Name which University staff should refer to (e.g. examination and attendance registers) wherever possible

Please note that your ‘known as’ name will not appear on your final award certificate, transcript and/or Higher Education Achievement Report. 

Cookie Settings