Browser does not support script.


Concerns and complaints

Find out how we can support you to raise, address and resolve your concerns.

Close-up of a bee on a lavender plant outside the Lord Mayor's Walk building on campus.

We are here to help you when things are not going right, whether that's related to your University experience or because of another member of our University community.

Depending on the nature of your concern there will be different options and support available to you. Explore the options below to access the support that will work best for you.

I'm not sure which route is right for me. Who can I speak to?

If you are not sure who to seek support from or where to raise a concern, you can contact the University's Student Casework Team. They can advise you on next steps and the options available to you. 

Contact them by emailing

The Students' Union can provide independent advice and support. More information about the support they can offer and how to get advice can be found on the Students' Union website.

The University offers a range of support services that you can access to help you manage your wellbeing. More information can be found on the Health and wellbeing page.

What if there is an allegation made against me?

Having an allegation made against you can be very distressing. This could be a report made by another student, a police matter, or a complaint from a member of the public.

It is important that you also seek support and advice, whatever the circumstances. You can speak to a Welfare Adviser who will listen to your concerns and talk you through your options: Welfare Adviser appointments.

The Students' Union can also provide independent advice and support: Students' Union website.

If a disciplinary allegation is made against you, the University will make sure that:

  • You are made fully aware of the nature of the allegation(s) made against you.
  • You have an opportunity to reply to any allegation(s).
  • You have a fair and unbiased hearing at which all relevant circumstances are taken into account.
  • You have the right to appeal against a disciplinary finding or penalty.

If you are subject to a criminal charge or to a police investigation, or if the University believes that your behaviour is likely to cause injury or harm to others, the University may take provisional action to limit your interaction with the University community.

Further information is provided in the Student Disciplinary Procedure: Student Disciplinary Policy and Procedure (PDF, 0.2MB).