Browser does not support script.

Your course details


You may find it necessary to leave the University before completing your studies. If you are considering withdrawing you should seek advice first. Deciding to withdraw from University is a big decision; it has major implications, including future finance.

If you are considering withdrawing, please first discuss the matter with your personal or Academic Tutor and/or your Associate Head. If you are struggling, support is available. You may find that once the right support is in place, you feel in a better position to carry on with your studies. You might also wish to consider suspending your studies temporarily rather than withdrawing permanently.

You might also find it useful to speak to the Careers Service.

You should also look at our guidance on the Implications of withdrawing: 

Implications of Withdrawal Full Time (PDF 0.2 MB)

Implications of Withdrawal Part Time (PDF 0.2 MB)

Please fill out the Notification of Withdrawal from Programme (DOCx, 42.8kB)  form.

If you are studying a degree apprenticeship please complete the Notification of Withdrawal for Degree Apprenticeships (DOCx, 36kB) form.

The form prompts you to get signatures from relevant staff to ensure that you have taken the opportunity to consult them. If you are in University accommodation, you should also contact the to let them know your plans for moving out.

You should send the completed document to

Once we receive the form, we will share the information with the Student Loan Company or other funding body. We will tell them your last known date of attendance.

PDF Versions:

Notification of Withdrawal from Programme (PDF, 0.2 MB)

Notification of Withdrawal for Degree Apprenticeships (PDF, 0.2MB)

If the University has reason to believe that you have not been attending, Registry will contact you to ascertain your intentions; if you do not reply within the specified time period, you will be deemed to have withdrawn. If you tell us you do intend to carry on with your studies, your School may require you to attend a Standards Review meeting to discuss your lack of attendance.

It is your responsibility to make the necessary applications if you wish to transfer to another institution. We advise you to:

  • Notify, out of courtesy, your Associate Head of School and Academic Tutor. Your student career with YSJ will not be adversely affected by such knowledge.
  • You must contact your funding body, for example, Student Finance England, to seek advice on the transfer of your loans and grants to another institution. You do not need to rely solely on advice by word of mouth; you are entitled to advice in writing.
  • Once you have recieved an unconditional offer of a place at another institution, both the losing and receiving institutions are required to write to the funding body to approve the transfer of loans and grants on educational grounds. Please contact each institution to request this action as soon as you have written confirmation of an unconditional place.

If you wish to withdraw from your Robert Kennedy College programme of study you should ensure that you have discussed your intentions with your Subject Director or with a representative of RKC StudentCare. It is important that the University and the College establish that there are no means of supporting you to continue your studies.

If you then decide to withdraw, please complete a Notification of Withdrawal from RKC Programme (DOC, 35.7 kB). The form requires the digital signatures of RKC StudentCare and a member of RKC's Dean's Office to indicate that appropriate consultation has taken place.

Withdrawing from your course has financial implications. You will not be able to request a refund of fees paid so far, as agreed upon admission. Additional charges may apply if the College cannot fill the vacated slot.

The completed withdrawal form should be returned to the StudentCare department via e-mail to

PDF version:

Notification of Withdrawal from RKC Programme (PDF, 0.1 MB)

Cookie Settings